How do I receive XRP in my BRD wallet?
If you would like to receive XRP from someone, you will need to give them your XRP address. Follow these steps to find your XRP receiving address:
- On the main screen, tap XRP.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap Receive.
- Give the sending party your receiving address. There are a few ways to do this:
- Show them the "Receive Money" screen in your BRD app, and let them scan your QR code.
- Press the "Share" button under the QR code to send them your address via email or text message.
- Tap the QR code to copy your address to your device's memory. You can now paste your address into a website or other app.
You can also request for a specific amount by using the Request an Amount option. Visit this page for information on how to use this.
- Because the BRD app is a non-custodial wallet, your address is not shared with anyone and you will not have a Destination tag.
- The Ripple network requires a base reserve amount of 20 XRP for every address on the XRP ledger. This amount cannot be sent to other addresses in the Ripple network and is required to prevent any issues due to the malicious usage of the network.
Important: If XRP is sent to the wrong address, it can not be refunded. When sharing your address, always check to make sure the address you give out is the same as the one shown under your QR code (comparing the first 5 or 6 digits is usually sufficient to make sure you are using the correct address).