How can I send bitcoin cash from BRD?
In your BRD app, a wallet is created for the supported cryptocurrencies you own. Follow these steps to send bitcoin cash from your wallet:
- On the main screen, tap Bitcoin Cash.
- Tap Send at the bottom.
- Enter the amount you would like to send. For your convenience, you can toggle the amount to BCH or your local currency.
- Tap on the icon in the Network Fee field to select your network fee setting.
- Tap Next.
Enter the BCH address you are sending funds to. There are several ways to do this:
- Tap on Scan and scan the QR code from the receiving wallet.
- Copy the receiving wallet’s address and paste it in the To field.
- Manually type the recipient’s address and double checking to make sure that it is accurate. Addresses are case sensitive.
- Add a memo. This is optional. Memos are only visible to you and is not sent to the receiving party.
- Tap Send, verify that the transaction details are correct, and confirm the payment with your PIN or fingerprint.
NOTE: The BRD app uses the "CashAddr" format for bitcoin cash addresses. This is a new format that encodes your bitcoin cash address so you do not accidentally send bitcoin to a bitcoin cash address and vice versa. The BRD bitcoin cash wallet uses this format to protect our customers from loss of funds.
Important: If bitcoin cash is sent to the wrong address, it can not be refunded. When sending bitcoin cash, always check to make sure the address you are sending to is the same as the one that was given to you (comparing the first 5 or 6 digits is usually sufficient to make sure you are using the correct address).