How do I receive bitcoin cash in my BRD wallet?
If you would like to receive bitcoin cash from someone, you will need to give them your receiving address. Follow these steps to find your bitcoin cash receiving address:
- On the main screen, tap Bitcoin Cash.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap Receive.
- Give the sending party your receiving address. There are a few ways to do this:
- Show them the Receive Money screen in your wallet, and let them scan your QR code.
- Press the Share button under the QR code to send them your address via email or text message.
- Tap the QR code to copy your address to your device's memory. You can now paste your address into a website or other app.
You can also request for a specific amount by using the Request an Amount option. Visit this page for information on how to use this.
The BRD wallet uses the "CashAddr" format for BCH addresses to protect customers from loss of funds. This is a new format that encodes your bitcoin cash address so you do not accidentally send bitcoin to a bitcoin cash address and vice versa. If the wallet you are using to send bitcoin cash does not support this format yet, you may need to request for it or use an online resource to convert the CashAddr to a legacy address.
The addresses shown on your receive address will change every time you receive money, but old addresses will continue to work.
IMPORTANT: If bitcoin cash is sent to the wrong address, it can not be refunded. When sending or receiving bitcoins cash, always check to make sure the address being sent funds to is the same as the one that was given (comparing the first 5 or 6 digits is usually sufficient to make sure you are using the correct address).