How do I receive bitcoin in my BRD wallet?
If you would like to receive bitcoin from someone, you will need to give them your bitcoin address. Follow these steps to find your bitcoin receiving address:
- On the main screen, tap Bitcoin.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap Receive.
- Give the sending party your receiving address. There are a few ways to do this:
- Show them the "Receive Money" screen in your BRD app, and let them scan your QR code.
- Press the "Share" button under the QR code to send them your address via email or text message.
- Tap the QR code to copy your address to your device's memory. You can now paste your address into a website or other app.
You can also request for a specific amount by using the Request an Amount option. Visit this page for information on how to use this.
The bitcoin address shown on your receive address will change every time you receive money, but old addresses will continue to work.
Important: If bitcoin is sent to the wrong address, it can not be refunded. When sharing your address, always check to make sure the address you give out is the same as the one shown under your QR code (comparing the first 5 or 6 digits is usually sufficient to make sure you are using the correct address).