Office Happiness Manager
San Francisco Office
"Panem et circenses."
We are looking for an experienced, energetic, organized and proactive office manager who takes ownership and responsibility, enjoys learning, and wants to grow professionally. We value someone who is skilled at assessing priorities and has exemplary accountability. Our business is growing and we need someone who is eager to tackle day to day challenges and opportunities.
Human Resources Support (~ 33% time)
- Collaborate with the VP of HR on initiatives that impact the entire company, including:
- employee productivity & engagement
- recruiting activities such as job posting, sourcing of candidates and coordination of interview schedules
- Helps with on-boarding new hires, including scheduling of events and conducting orientations
- Assisting in performance management project management, recognition & budgeting initiatives, etc.
- Analyze employee data and provide insights as requested, drawing on data from various “sources of truth,” including BambooHR (HRIS), SmartRecruiters (Recruiting ATS), & Lattice (Feedback/Reviews platform).
- Implement and manage the company-wide performance review process via Performance Management Software (Lattice)
- Provide general human resources support to offices and remote employees across the country.
Executive Support (~ 33% time)
- Plan and coordinate a variety of meetings on behalf of the executive team (8). This includes onsite and offsite meetings on a weekly basis and may include a combination of staff, vendors, and investors.
- Assist CEO with travel and meeting coordination, and special short-term projects as requested
- Assist Chief of Staff with special projects.
- Assist with travel coordination for executives. This includes international travel to Europe and Asia for certain staff, as well as frequent (monthly) travel and event coordination for the leadership team.
- Ensure that travel expenses are incurred in a fiscally responsible way and adhere to BRD T&E Policy.
Office Management (~ 33% time)
- Oversee SF office management and assist remote offices in Bend, OR and Chicago, IL. This involves acting as a gate-keeper and organizer for the administration of the San Francisco office; managing vendor relationships (janitors, etc.) across all offices; ordering office supplies and snacks across the company, as needed.
- Support and participate in “fun, fun committee” to engage and recognize both new and established employees (creation and distribution of company-branded SWAG; send welcome kits to all new hires; arrange and host social events to acknowledge important milestones, etc.
- Creates workflows for office tasks and special projects
- Systematizes office tasks
- Analyzes and prioritizes projects and creates a schedule for timely completion
- Coordinates office meetings and activities
- Helps with internal communication and events
What we're doing at BRD
BRD is at the heart of a financial revolution. We're building the missing piece of infrastructure that ties together the essential functionality of a bank, but where individuals retain complete control over their assets. As a a financial infrastructure company, our mission is unlikely to ever be complete. We need continually strive to bring the power of our apps to new regions of the world, some of which have never had wide access to banking functionality.
Our approach to this problem heavily focuses on several core tenants. For one, we will never have direct control or visibility over customer funds. It is not our job to interfere in the personal financial lives of our customers. This is accomplished by using digital assets like Bitcoin, and a mobile app like ours which manages its assets on-device.
The second tenant of our approach is to provide integration with the traditional financial system. Regardless of the currency, people still need to get paid, pay their bills, pay for goods at merchants, and send money to their family and friends. We are building infrastructure that integrates with local financial businesses that tie in with local currencies and adhere to local laws.
Finally, we need to fight for a quality consumer experience. This is why we try to retain control over every moment of our customer's interaction with our products. We relentlessly design, redesign, test, and experiment to ensure our customers have a positive, safe experience.
What it's like to work here.
We've built a lively remote work culture that emphasizes regular personal interaction. At BRD, we started as a remote team and have built our workflows around it. This allows us to hire people who want to work with us, regardless of where they've decided to settle (or roam).
Work-life balance is important to everyone at BRD, and we strive to ensure everyone has enough time for family, exercise, and mental health. In our opinion, a happy and healthy team is an essential ingredient to finding creative solutions to the hard problems we're trying to solve.
We're more operationally transparent than you may be used to. The entire BRD team has access to a variety of dashboards that help our distributed team make better decisions. If you have a question that can't be answered by a dashboard or an easy query, let's see if we can fix that.
BRD is committed to building an actively inclusive work environment that makes our team an excellent home for everyone—regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, education, age, or other personal characteristics.
- Must be able to pass a background test
- Have a good understanding and appreciation of high growth startups
- Experience managing complex international calendars and schedules
- Editing and writing skills to initiate, compose, format, proofread and carefully edit various professional business documents and correspondences
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple work assignments and deadlines efficiently despite frequent interruptions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to communicate in a pleasant, tactful and effective manner (both orally and in writing), and to handle difficult, sensitive and/or confidential issues
- Advanced computer skills and experience in using Google/Microsoft Suite, electronic email, internet, databases, presentation and graphic software and other standard office desktop applications
- Ability to analyze situations, define problems and/or objectives, identify relevant factors, formulate logical conclusions and suggest alternative solutions
Please apply with your resume and a personal note at http://smrtr.io/33Qy3 and we will get back to you as soon as possible.