Breadwallet launches Bitcoin Therapy Hotline
Jul 8, 2017
The bitcoin community has experienced a lot of ups and downs, and being a bitcoiner can be stressful! In the past, these stresses usually came after a large price change. Sudden crashes in the price caused depression in those who lost everything, and record-breaking run-ups created multiple millionaires overnight, causing disorienting elation (or, again, depression in those who were there but still missed out!). Recently, the bitcoin community has seen a lot of infighting surrounding competing ideologies and plans for governance, which can leave even the most casual of bitcoiners frustrated, confused, or in a crisis of identity.
In an attempt to offer some clarity and support to the bitcoin community as a whole, today we are launching the Bitcoin Therapy Hotline (BTH). Are you constantly misunderstood on internet forums? Do you feel like people never take you seriously or listen to your good ideas? Are you in need of a sympathetic ear after a day of fighting trolls on Reddit? We are here for you!
First, here is what we will do:
- We will respectfully listen to your opinions, regardless of what you believe. We are not here to judge.
- We are willing to discuss any bitcoin-related topic. If you wish to debate, we will happily take an opposing stance and engage with you. On the other hand, if you want commiseration, we will validate your stance (within reason).
- Anything you say will be kept confidential, unless you discuss plans to cause harm to others. If we want to publicly share something you’ve discussed, we will ask for permission first.
- Our goal is for you to finish the call feeling more optimistic than you did at the beginning!
Of course, there are some restrictions:
- This is NOT a customer support hotline. We are unable to give technical or customer support for Breadwallet or other bitcoin-related products.
- Our phone operators are not licensed therapists, and nothing we say should be taken as legal, medical, or financial advice.
- The hotline is open weekdays from 10am - 5pm, EST. If we don’t answer, feel free to leave a message.
- Due to the potential high demand of this service, we may be forced to end conversations after 10 minutes, or sooner. But we may go longer than that at our discretion.
If this service is either underutilized or abused, we may shut it down at any time. But for now the phone lines are open, so dial us up and vent!
Bitcoin Therapy Hotline: +1-305-791-4911
Join in the conversations today:
Telegram : https://t.me/breadchat
Twitter : https://twitter.com/brdhq
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/brdhq
YouTube : https://www.youtube.com/c/Breadbitcoinwallet
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/brd_wallet/
General updates mailing list : https://breadapp.com/keep-me-updated/